Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dinner time or bed time?... Naps at the table

So tonight I made cream of potato soup at my hubby's request (recipe at bottom of post). I mean who am I to deny that face right? =) Well, lately we have had to 'fight' to get Morgan to take his naps at nap time, he wants to stay up and play and then falls asleep about 2:00- 2:30 and sleeps for several hours then doesn't want to go to bed at night at the correct time. Well, Mike and I decided that if he doesn't want to nap it's understandable, he is almost 4 and we know there comes a time in ones life when nap time is just no longer. Well, today was the same as it has been for a while now- we asked him to go take a nap, he went in his room and played for a while until we 'let' him come back out. Then he and Melessa (who had no school today) ran around like a couple of crazies for hours until dinner time. We all sat down at the table, said a prayer and started eating- or so I thought anyways. Morgan is a huge chatter box- always something about Transformers, Spiderman, or some other 'boy' thing he is loving at the moment. Tonight wasn't the same as other nights, there was no chatter coming from the other side of the table. No, Why? questions being pelted at Mike and myself. There was no, " Would you PLEASE just be quite and EAT?" coming from Mike nor myself as we sat and ate our soup... and the reason for all the change tonight at the dinner table...? Well, I have been told many times that a picture will say a thousand words....


Aren't kids sooo cute when they sleep? The poor little guy stired the soup and maybe got in a bite or two before he fell asleep in the chair.
We let him sleep there until we were done eating and then placed him in bed which is were he has stayed- asleep I might add-the whole time, he didn't even wake up when I picked him up and carried him in to bed.

Here is the recipe as promised for the Cream of Potato soup I made tonight- Very easy and fast prep! This soup has fast become a family favorite around here.

Slow Cooker Cream of Potatos Soup

Cook Time: 4 Hours Ready In: 4 Hours 20 Minutes


Servings: 8
Ingredients:


8 potatoes, chopped


3 leeks, white and light green parts only,


cut into 1/4-inch rounds


1 onion, diced


3 tablespoons margarine 2 chicken bouillon cubes


1 tablespoon salt


1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper


1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions:


1. Place the potatoes, leeks, onion, margarine, chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker. Pour enough water over mixture to cover. Cook on High 4 hours.


2. Stir in the evaporated milk. Ladle soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve hot

*I some times use Heavy whipping cream if I don't have any evaporated milk*

Moms Affiliate Banner