Thursday, April 1, 2010

Getting things together...

I LOVE spending time decorating my kid's bedrooms. I am not always very good at it but the more time I spend setting up their rooms the way that both Melessa and even Morgan 'see' them has helped me out a lot. Well, has helped them turn out not so dorky.
 Melessa is getting older now and is going away from more of the 'little girl look' and more into a pre-teen look of things. I know that this look may be a little early for her but it's simple colors and she and I both love, and love the way they all look together- the colors are pink, black ( who would have thought that I like THOSE colors right?? LOL) white and grey. The reason for those colors besides that they just simply work well together is that for Christmas Melessa got a Jonas Brother's bed spread and that is the colors of it.
Well, this week I put together a side table for her and I am very proud of my self if I do say do myself. It came out looking MUCH better then I thought it would! And it cost me less then $20.00 for the whole thing- lamp and all!
So I thought I would share some pictures with you.
*to see the pictures in a larger view just click on the picture it's self*
Here is a picture of the lamp base now. I forgot to take 'before' pictures but it was just a plain light brown wood with nothing to it. It was a 'left over' base I had from Morgan's room.

Here is a closer look at the detail. I just put self stick black rindstones all around the lamp I already had them in my scrapbooking things.
Here is a close up of the new lamp shade. I bought this at Target. It normaly has a base but the base had broken so they sold it to me at 50% off! lamp Shade $10.00
The roses that I used to pin up the sheer topper. I already had them from another craft project I did.
The finished Table and lamp! Tha table I picked up at a yard sale for $3.00    The Black table cloth was $5.00 at walmart and I already had the white sheer.
The bed spread that gave us our color picks

Her new curtains and bed together.

This is a wall sticker I found at target $6.00 it came with the rindstones and all.
I think it all goes well together ....

What do you think?....

Moms Affiliate Banner